9U Format, Rules, and Guidelines for 2017-2018 (Developmental Division)
– 7 v 7 (6 field players + goalkeeper)
– 4 x 10 min. quarters. (water break in between quarters.) 5 min break in between
– Score kept. NO standings kept.
– Size 4 ball
– 9U rules apply. (build out lines, offsides,, throw ins, no keeper punts)
– 6 x 18 goals.
– ONE referee to be used. (Due to game times being less than 9U, $25 stipend suggested.)
– Once score reaches a difference of 4 goals, TEAM that is losing by 4 goals, can ADD an extra
player, until such time the goal difference is less than 4 goals.
– All players will be primarily registered to team.
– NO GUEST Players and NO secondary players.
This is an instructional / educational league. Wins mean nothing,
confidence, and education of players are paramount.
This is an educational / instructional type league. Winning isn’t everything.
It is recommended that each player plays 50% of the match.
It is up to the coaches to take this to heart, for player confidence.
Coaches are to instruct parents, and spectators….this is NOT the WORLD CUP.
IF build out line is NOT equally distant between half line and top of the box,
the HALF LINE will be used as the build out line…