Playing Up Rule211.3 Playing up (above a player’s normal age group):
It is FYSA’s policy that all players compete at a level they are capable of both physically and developmentally. In order for a player to move up more than one birth year will require approval from the affiliate’s director of coaching or agent of record and FYSA Director of Coaching.
Failure to obtain proper permissions may result in the player being removed from the team’s roster and sanctions against the team/club.
Playing Up Logistics and Guidelines
- Playing up requests will not be reviewed until July 15 and added to rosters after August 1st.
- Below is the chart that will be used in determining the ability to play up.
- The playing up submissions need to be submitted by Tuesday and will be reviewed on Wednesday each week.
- Submissions may be made either through GotSoccer for individual players. Spreadsheets should be use for multiple groups of players playing up to [email protected] .
- Playing up requests should be made in regards to player development purposes. Factors to be considered are technical, physical, and psychological. All of these factors should be present for it to be developmentally appropriate.
- Playing up requests should not be made for logistic or club/family convenience.
- For special considerations a club’s Agent of Record, Registrar, or Director of Coaching can submit via the GotSoccer . The considerations will be considered mainly for players 15u and above.
- For special considerations a club’s Agent of Record, Registrar, or Director of Coaching can submit via the GotSoccer . The considerations will be considered only for players U15 and above.
Below is the chart that will be utilized to make determinations as to the level a player can play up to.